Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Just Peachy

We found this lovely buffet for free a few weeks ago.  The legs were broken off on both sides but the front detail remained.  We were going to make some new legs to replace the broken ones but we just took everything off instead.  We replaced them with some 4 x 4 blocks and called it good.  I have wanted to paint something peach for a long time but I never spotted the color I was dreaming of.  So, I mixed it up myself.  It used to have doors too but we like the open space to put the kids shoes.  We need some cute baskets that fit in the space but I haven't seen any I like yet.









The color is a custom mix.  The blue is Sherwin Williams Gulf Stream. The piece is sealed with Minwax Finishing Paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Growing up we never realized that we could make or change our furniture. Now that we are old and grown..ha..we realized that you can do anything you want to do. We like finding an old battered piece of furniture and seeing what we can make of it. We find joy in the journey and love seeing our pieces go to someone who loves them. Our house is slowly changing to whatever we want it to be and we are loving seeing the transformation.