Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Grey Ombre Dresser

We picked this dresser up in Seaside a long time ago.  It sat in the garage while I worked on other things and while the rain came down.  Needless to say, I wasn't in the mood to work in the rain.  One day, Jesse started work on this beast.  It has 8 drawers and the entire body needed to by sanded down as well.  Nothing ended up stained in the end, the wood just wasn't very nice, but the whole thing was scratched up and needed a sanding.  So many ideas happened before the dresser looked like this, but I like how it turned out.  It really isn't my style so we will be selling this one but I do like it!!!  The image transfer was a fun adventure, I think I learned a few tricks for the next time.







All colors were custom mixed.  All were sealed with Minwax Finishing Paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Growing up we never realized that we could make or change our furniture. Now that we are old and grown..ha..we realized that you can do anything you want to do. We like finding an old battered piece of furniture and seeing what we can make of it. We find joy in the journey and love seeing our pieces go to someone who loves them. Our house is slowly changing to whatever we want it to be and we are loving seeing the transformation.