Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Some Fun Signs Around the House

I have been in a sign making mood lately.  I haven't been doing a lot of furniture, mainly because I am low on things to refinish, but that has changed and I will have plenty to do the next few weeks.  In the mean time I have been making some fun art and sign for our home.  So here goes:



I painted a piece of wood, distressed and stained.  Then stenciled the words and use frog tape for the lines.   I finished with another round of distressing.



These were two old cork boards that mismatched.  I covered them in fabric, stapling in the back, then used push pins from the dollar tree around the edges.




I drew our family and framed it, easy peasy!




I painted a wood plaque from Michael's.  Used a Cricut machine to cut the letters then used glue podge to seal everything down. 
(Glue Podge: Elmer's glue + Water)



Painted a canvas.  Used a Cricut machine to cut out the words in white Vinyl.  Placed the letters and then sealed with Glue Podge (because some of them just would not stay down).




Fun pinwheels made from scrapbook paper and hot glue with a few added embellishments.  Great tutorial at Sawdust and Embryos.




Paper feather wreath made from scrapbook paper and a gift box.  I drew the feather shape and then traced it on the paper I liked, then cut it out.  I glued it to plain white paper so it would have the white edge, of course then I cut that out.  A lot of cutting but perfect for a night in front of a good movie. I cut a donut shape out of a cardboard gift box then hot glues the paper feathers down. Voila!




This is probably my favorite.  I saw this sign on pinterest and decided to duplicate it.  First, I made the wood sign, stained, then paint and distress.  The words were just hand painted and then I sealed the sign with clear gloss spray paint.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Growing up we never realized that we could make or change our furniture. Now that we are old and grown..ha..we realized that you can do anything you want to do. We like finding an old battered piece of furniture and seeing what we can make of it. We find joy in the journey and love seeing our pieces go to someone who loves them. Our house is slowly changing to whatever we want it to be and we are loving seeing the transformation.