Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Charcoal Gray Chest of Drawers

The Blue Beauty got a makeover...

I have this new love of dark charcoal gray.  It is the color I want to paint everything at the moment.  I painted two bookcases and one dresser.  I think one more piece and then the fetish with be over.  I love how this turned out.  The drawers were sanded down and stained.  I used wood shims in the top to create a shelf, I just need some nice big baskets to fill in the space and it would be perfect.















The color is an oops paint that I mixed with a little black to get the color I was looking for.  The drawers and top are stained with Minwax Jacobean.  Everything is sealed with Minwax Wipe-On Poly in Satin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Growing up we never realized that we could make or change our furniture. Now that we are old and grown..ha..we realized that you can do anything you want to do. We like finding an old battered piece of furniture and seeing what we can make of it. We find joy in the journey and love seeing our pieces go to someone who loves them. Our house is slowly changing to whatever we want it to be and we are loving seeing the transformation.