Thursday, October 24, 2013

Midnight Blue

Jesse picked up this three drawer for free a while back and I painted it to match our dresser.  I thought I would love to have matching furniture but turns out it just wasn't right.  I also believe pieces don't look good in just any color and this did not look good in Venus Teal.  The other day I came across this blog post from The Chronicles of Home.  The furniture in this room were different colors and I loved it, so that is what I did.  This guy got a midnight blue makeover and now looks his best.












The color is a mix of Behr Royal Blue and Behr Black Suede.  The top is stained with Minwax Jacobean around the edges.  The top wasn't wood so I mixed Behr Revival Mahogany and Behr Black Suede and gave it a quick swipe.  The piece is sealed with Minwax Wipe-On Poly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Growing up we never realized that we could make or change our furniture. Now that we are old and grown..ha..we realized that you can do anything you want to do. We like finding an old battered piece of furniture and seeing what we can make of it. We find joy in the journey and love seeing our pieces go to someone who loves them. Our house is slowly changing to whatever we want it to be and we are loving seeing the transformation.