Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Secretary Desk

For some reason I have had this need for a secretary desk.  I cannot remember when this started but it hasn't gone away.  So we sold our coral desk and found this beauty on craigslist. It took me a while to figure out the color and the stripes but she is finished and I absolutely love her!!!  Now I just need to find a chair and my life will be complete.  











The base color is Sherwin Williams Begonia but it wasn't quite right so I added about half a cup of deep red paint.  The stripes are all Behr paint.  The green and gray are oops paint, the pink is Poetic Princess, and the cream is Creme Brulee.  I lightly distressed and added English Chestnut Stain.  The hardware is sprayed with Painter's Touch . The piece is sealed with Fast Drying Polyurethane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Growing up we never realized that we could make or change our furniture. Now that we are old and grown..ha..we realized that you can do anything you want to do. We like finding an old battered piece of furniture and seeing what we can make of it. We find joy in the journey and love seeing our pieces go to someone who loves them. Our house is slowly changing to whatever we want it to be and we are loving seeing the transformation.